2015-10-01

My handcraft project(s)...hopefully more to come






























Oct 15 - - Karma.. Karma... Karma... Karma....Karma...Cha-Minions......Boy George? No..... Just made me think of this song! :)


















Sep 13 - Eye glasses pouch with flex frame

Learned to sew this pouch from a book called Zakka Handmades from the library.  The instructions are very straight forward and easy to understand.  The graphics in the book is such a great help to understand the instructions.  It clearly indicates both right and wrong side of fabric, the inside and outside of the layers and how all stitiches should be sewed together.  I didn't follow the fabric material as suggested from the book so this pouch is kinda too soft. If I would have followed exactly, I'm sure the pouch would look more solid and firm.  
Well, I'll get a firm linen and fabric for the next time. :)


Apr 13 - Sewing machine soft case 
Hate the heavy hard case that comes with the machine.  Luckily found a water resistance bag the size just fit the sewing machine.  I turn it upside down then made an opening on top for the handle.  Quickly turn it into a no-weight soft case good for carrying outside even rainy day!  




Mar 13 - Zipper Bag
Have learned to sew this from the Beginner's Serger online class from Craftsy .
The teacher makes very clear instructions and demonstration of what materials (fabric) have to prepare and step-by-step instructions from start to complete project.  I highly recommend it and the courses are not expensive at all.  The web site even provides from free mini classes to touch base on basic knowledge about crafting.
     


Nov12 - Tissue paper pouch
I found a piece of felt that I don't think I need it anymore since it's kinda small.  No ideas what I can use it for.  But when I almost dump it, I saw few packs of tissue paper I got from restaurants.  People don't quite use this type of tissue papers anymore as napkins' are provided in almost every restaurant.
Surprisingly the size of the felt is just perfect to make a tissue paper pouch so here it goes, not with a big design but only folded here and there and added a few stitches.  Don't think it's going to last long :p





Sep 12 - Boxer Shorts learned in class in Fabricana

The teacher provides the pattern and I just need very basic sewing skills.  I was expected that I'll learn to draft a pattern but it's not the case.  However, I'm glad to have finished this basic project in just less than two hours.  But I'll soon look for classes to learn how to do the measurement and to draft the pattern.  Hopefully more home projects to come and to show :)

Aug 12 - Cushion
Nothing is better than stay home to cool myself down
in such hot weather and do some fun project.
As little as less than an hour, a cushion is 'born' :)



Apr10 - Apron

I'm glad that I am able to complete another one as I have been busy.
It's really lots of fun using the sewing machine. Hope I could do more
during the summer. :)




Feb10 - Passport holder/Wallet

Nov09 - Homemade cushion
My first official sewing project by using a sewing machine.


Jun08 - Christmas stocking
I picked up a pattern again since I'm not that busy now.
I find that it's not too easy to understand the pattern.
They're plain English but, when it comes to the knitting glossary, you just don't understand what they mean.
The reason why I knitted it is because it's one of my friends request. She asked for one for Christmas but I interpret her words as I thought she wants one ASAP.
Well, anyway, thanks for my "pushy" friend, haha ..... , otherwise I wouldn't have known that I could complete one in a short time. I'm more confidence on knitting now.


Nov07 - crochet pumkin for Halloween
I have been pretty busy this year and haven't been spending enough time to update my blog.
And therefore, I have uploaded this picture and now you could tell what I've been busy on...^0^. Nothing really big ! I just spent very little time to learn about knitting.
This is my first knitting project after I have put down my knitting skill for over ages. No, I'm not telling how many years ago I've knitted.
Hope you like my little "artwork". Oh..if you couldn't tell what it is..by the way, it's a 3D pumkin !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home