2008-03-03

Wardrobe...wardrobe...I hate you

Hmmm..whoever's been to my place would know how much space I could spare for an extra wardrobe ! The answer is No......
This is the exciting part though....I have a file cabinet that could replace an old one somewhere else in the room...Ok...first piece gone, more space available.
A 4 drawers chest could be placed in the gargage as a shoes rack..Ok...second piece gone.
I need one more piece to go...a mini plastic chest with 15" wide.
What an ideal wardrobe available I saw at IXXX in 15" wide ! But OMG..with the sliding door I need another inch and a 1/2 !!!! Alright..there must be a way...there must be a way my dear!!!!!
Wow....my bedside table is 16.5". All I have to do is to move the bedside table to my mum's room (which there's still space) and replace it with my 15" . Line up the bed and the dress table so that I have that 16.5" for the wardrobe !!!! That's amazing.
Story is not ended yet ......

^0^ I eventually bought it. But after a week, three days before installation and delivery..they are offering 20% discount...nice. According to the policy, cancellation of order has to be done at least 48hours in advance in person. Man...I just have little more than 48hours!!!!!
Alright, I guess I couldn't save this journey. I need to negotiate for a discount or I'll have to cancel and purchase it in a later day. Hmmm..big headache...the wardrobe plan would have to be postponed. I need one before my mum comes back. It's pretty scary if she see clothings all over places without being folded neatly in the wardrobe. The problem is.....I already started moving the furnitures. Now it looks like I just moved in and just started unpacking, really messy condition.

Well, guess what....it's a pretty productive journey that I made, they have a price adjustment policy. I could still keep the order instead of canceling and getting the difference back.
Here I like to thanks my good friend Katie who called me immediately advising me about the sale they put on.
Story is not ended yet ......

Guess what...two sizes of the frames I bought...the shelves for one of the sizes is discontinued. Nice ah ! They offered discount and tried to clear the stocks quickly because they discontinued the shelves !!!!
I think it twice...ok...since they pre-drilled the wardrobe for a specific size of shelves, even I could replace the shelves with some other brands, the shelf pins (support) wouldn't be the same. I already prepared to stack up my clothes like you see clothings in an outlet when it's on sale.....crazy messy....but with a closed sliding door, I bet I could pretend it's not messy when the door is closed !!! Gee...Wendy...is that you ?!?!?! Believe it or not I'm like that.
Again, story is not ended yet ......

While I'm in the shop waiting to negotiate the 20%, a vending machine catched my eyes. Instead of selling soft drinks and snacks...its wardrobe parts (screws, bolts,nuts and............Oh.........the shelf pins for the brand I bought !!!!!!!!!)
What ??! Wardrobe parts in vending machine ? Yea....why not ? I've seen vending machine for flowers, DVDs and stationery.
And.......Oh mine..just left with one pack of the a $2 shelves pins.....what am I waiting for ?!?!? I couldn't even be hestitated cos after I talk to the sales person, that last pack might be gone !!!!!
I could now get replacement shelves in similar size with a support of the shelf pins in right size!!!

Ok..the installation and the delivery hasn't come yet. I still don't know if my wardrobe purchase experience would be a happy ending one. However, it's really a valuable experience for me and everything just seem like an arrangement with solutions at last. I have to say....Thank God ! My daily little trouble's even being taken care of.

Is this a boring journal for you ? I don't know. But it's pretty "excited" for me as it already used up lots of my energy. I need to "recharge" my brain cell and get ready to deal with other excitement in life. What else? I couldn't tell you yet but I would....later...... But I'm happy. I know the time I spent on this, I got something that I'm satisfied.

Some people might think it's not even worth wasting the effort on such research as it's not a priority at all. But like I said, it's the process I enjoyed. I'm just like that. From as little as a coffee mug, as mid size as a laptop To...as big as a wardrobe.

Cheers....Happy Wardrobe Shopping !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home