Yearly hobbies plan with no time line
Summer: Running / Oil painting
Spring: Baking / Music
Winter: Skiing / Knitting or Sewing
Don't ask me how good I am on all. I'm doing it for fun, not for living ! I know where I am.
*****
Feb 11 Update: I start running again :) on the treatmill at home, gradually !
:( Due to the back pain problem, the Physiatrist suggested that I don't run for a little awhile. Yoga's ok but don't stretch when it's pain. I'm a bit hestitated about doing yoga as well. It's all about stretching when you do yoga but you never know if you're going to hurt your muscle again. If I have higher tolerance level, I wouldn't even know I hurt myself when I just feel that it's a stretch.
*****
*Baking*
March 11 update: In the recipe, it suggested that to use peppermint extract with dried coconut as for the flavour. I'm thinking, how often I would be using peppermint extract but in fact vanilla is more popular. The extract is the only thing that I have replaced for. I did used the dried coconut but I really don't like the texture. Hence, the dried coconut doesn't do any better for the taste of the cookies. I probably would skip that next time.
I couldn't make it quite like what it's shown in the picture as it looks more beautiful in the recipe. Well, at least I tried to make as close to what it looks like. :)
- 09Dec08 - I wasn't quite satisfied of what I have been baked/cooked so far. Either they're a bit burnt or they're not fully cooked even though I have followed exactly the same steps as described on the recipes.
However, after a numerous trial with different recipes, I start capturing the baking technic.
After the crystal beef brisket, beef roll, orange cake, peach flavour ribs and muffins I made for the potluck, I managed to bake some brownies successfully this time.
This is a recipe I bought at Save On supermarket when it's on sale. It's the recipes all make with Hershey's chocolate (ingredients). One thing I like about it is that the ingredients are not so complicated and mostly could be done with 5 to 6 ingredients which you might have them at home i.e. baking poweder, all-purpose flour, butter, vanilla extract, eggs. Extra ingredients you might need to get would be chocolate chips or Hershey's cocoa for example.
I don't like to buy ingredients for one time use and then you leave tons of them on the shelf and don't know when the next time you use it.
Hmmm...let see what my friends' comments after they tried the brownies.
* Oil painting *
-30Aug08- It's the 2nd landscape I'm working on since the oil painting class started in August. I'm still a bit confuse of what color should be used for the background, or should I be using a knife or a brush for a particular part of the painting and questions in mixing colors.
I guess the way to learn is to go through many failure and ugliest paintings.
I'm looking forward to that day to come when I could work 100% on my own without the help of my instructor.
I'm going to invest some time on sketching too. So that I could learn to draw and paint with a good proportion and get a better understand of shading.
* Running *
-03Sep08- I'm challenging myself by increasing the speed on the treadmill. Last run I did on the treadmill is set to speed 4.3 with incline 5. It's pretty exhausted to run for about 45mins. but it's a pretty good feeling after this crazy run. However, I guess I should slow down a bit during the run as I felt a bit dizzy (with lack of oxygen). I should learn how to breathe "properly" to cope with the run too.
-01Jul08- I recently bought a new pair of running shoes
. According to some of the reviews, this pair of shoes is good for beginners or whoever uses it as regular running/workout. Being a newer model for this year (or may be last year), I think the price is pretty reasonable.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home