2016-04-10

Good combo meals

Sorry, the topic might confuse you as you might think it's all about nutrition. But I'm here just to introduce some of the good deals with reasonable quality combo I've tried in different food courts. Only until recently I thought about taking pictures of all these dishes but I have in fact tried many of them, and I am a bit surprised we could still find pretty good deal and good/reasonable quality of meal in Vancouver desperated many food court are increasing their price with the "excuse" of increasing cost. I'm really interested to find out what cost is involved in a box of combo. Fuel surcharge ? MSG/seasoning ? A more expensive lunch container ? the plastic cutlery ?

When I refer to good/reasonable quality is base on very miminal MSG or even none. I don't feel thirsty after eating. And they're not greasy after the food is cooled down.

Since I only started this topic, I might not have many interesting pics to show but I'll try to continuous to add more in the future.

Personally, the most unreasonable price increase is the one at Yaohan Centre in Richmond, The Curry King. Curry beef brisket has increased from $6 to $7.50 , so as their Hoinan chicken. It's 25% increase and I wish I have 25% increase on my wages too.
Then another BBQ place has also increased their BBQ selection with rice from $5.50 ~ $6 to $7. I used to buy it for my lunch regularly but not anymore. Not that they don't taste good but, with the price increases, I don't intend to recommend it under this topic.

Good ones are :
******************new updates ***********************************
Parker Place - Tak Fook Noodle and Congee Shop
Recently I go to Parker Place more often due to my new shift. One day I was craving for BBQ duck and was thinking if I should go to No.9 Restaurant at Lansdowne Mall. Unfortunately, I find that the BBQ duck at No.9 Restaurant is not as good as it used to be. And with the HST on top of charges, I decided to go to food court more.
They charge HST at the food court now, of course! But, with the HST, this bowl of noodles still cost me less than $7 (price as of Aug10). Not a big portion the duck is very tasty. Not too much fat under the skin and the meat is tender too. I would suggest not to drink the soup though. I couldn't be so sure if I feel thirsty after eating this bowl of noodles but I'll let you
know if I try this again. :)


************************************************
Yaohan Centre - Seoul Express Korean food
Another one that I like from the same booth as below. It's called the Stone Bowl Noodle Soup. Their soup is hot enough that would definately make you feel like to have one when the outside temperature is chill. It's a little mixture of beef mince, tofu, few pieces of fish cake, vegetables, a shrimp, a mussel and the udon. And again, it comes with a 3 options of side dishes. Sorry the picture isn't very clear this time but i'll try to replace it with a better one when I go for this again. CAD6.95 (price as of Jan09 - same price as 2008)
                                                                   CAD9.95 (price in 2016)


Yaohan Centre - Seoul Express Korean food
They called it Bibinba and it's the rice in a hot stone bowl. If you could identify what's on top of the rice it's a raw egg yolk, slices of beef, beansprout, cumcuber with their hot chilli sauce. Before you eat, you toss all ingredients together. Since the egg yolk is still raw, when you toss it, it will "cook" a bit but still "juicy" and that makes it so tasty. Please be alert, the bowl is still hot while you eat. CAD7.95 (price as of Dec08)

Yaohan Centre - Seoul Express Korean food
They called it a combo because it has a small korean side dish comes with it and you have a choice of three side orders. Portion's not big but the rib is tasty. I particularly like the rib sauce but I hope there would be more rice. CAD6.90 (price as of Nov08)
                                 CAD9.95 (price in 2016)




Public market - Captain Wa - 2 choices of dishes combo
The two choices I have this time are sweet n sour pork with mixed vegetable.
CAD4.50 (price as of Feb09)
CAD4.45 (price as of Nov08)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home